FREE VPT HELP!
June 26-July 28, 2017
COMPREHENSIVE LEARNING CENTER
1.GRAMMAR & WRITING ESSAYS
LINEAR EQUATIONS & INEQUALITIES
EXPONENTS, FACTORING POLYNOMIAL EQUATIONS
RATIONAL EXPRESSIONS (EQUATIONS & RADICALS)
FUNCTIONS, QUADRATICS EQUATIONS, AND PARABOLAS
WHERE: At a campus location near you:
Alberta Campus: Keysville Campus:
Monday & Wednesday Tuesday & Thursday
Math:9 a.m.-12 noon Math & English: 12-3 p.m.
English: 12 noon-3 p.m. Room: To Be Announced
Room: To Be Announced
Requirements to Participate:
PASSED MTE 1-4 (Need help w/MTE 1-3?~Call us to make an appointment!)
APPROPRIATE PAPERWORK/AGREEMENT SIGNED
Deadline to sign-up for Boot Camp is JUNE 13, 2017
Phone: Alberta: 434-949-6608 Keysville: 434-736-2042
Do you have the desire to improve your learning or your grades? Do you have a hard time understanding what the instructor is saying? Have you been required to repeat a class one or more time? If so, we can help!
NEED A TUTOR?
The Comprehensive Learning Center offers professional tutors and student assistants who have been trained to help you with your academic needs. We offer one-on-one and group tutoring, as well as walk-in assistance. We also offer online tutoring through Blackboard if transportation is an issue.
The Comprehensive Learning Center is a great place to do homework, with the benefit of having a professional tutor or a student assistant close by to help you. All you have to do is raise your hand!
These services are FREE to all SVCC students.
Now, how's that for savings?
So..how can you get these services already?
Any SVCC faculty member or counselor may refer a student to the Comprehensive Learning Center. In addition, any student interested in receiving services may complete a self-referral form.
CLC WILL BE CLOSED MAY 10-12, 2017, MAY 15-19, 2017
Locations and Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monday -Friday: 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
There are two Comprehensive Learning Center locations. All SVCC students in the ten-county area have access to the Comprehensive Learning Centers.
Christanna Campus, Room B-10
109 Campus Drive
Alberta, VA 23821
Comprehensive Learning Center
John H. Daniel Campus, Lab 52
200 Daniel Road
Keysville, VA 23947
The Comprehensive Learning Center offers the following:
- Blackboard Assistance (individual help with your online classes)
- G-mail (help with how to use student e-mail)
- Atomic Learning (online tutorials on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Blackboard, etc.)
- Web Resources (additional computer resources to help student learning)
- Individual and Group Tutoring
- The Comprehensive Learning Center will provide tutors with expertise in a wide array of subjects.
- If there are several students who request tutoring in a course-specific area, group tutoring will be provided.
- In some cases, tutors will attend classes and collaborate with instructors in order to provide the most useful tutoring sessions.
Additional services offered:
- Study skills: How to master and remember large amounts of information
- Time management skills: How to maintain a calendar/schedule
- Stress Management: How to use breathing exercises, maintain fitness, and employ healthy living habits to relieve stress
- Note-taking skills: How to skim, outline, and use other techniques in taking notes
- Organizational skills: How to handle large amounts of information effectively
- Test-taking strategies: Tips on how to pass tests