Certificate - Practical Nursing
Application to the Practical Nursing Programs in Alberta and South Boston is closed. Deadline was September 15, 2017 to be considered for the January 2018 programs. Application Window for our next Practical Nursing Clinical Program will be late 2018 or early 2019.
The Certificate in Practical Nursing is designed to prepare beginning practitioners with the knowledge and skills to care for clients of all age groups. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX‐PN).
Utilizing the nursing process, graduates will:
- Assist in assessing the client's physical and mental health.
- Participate in planning and implementing the health care plan.
- Record and report the nursing care rendered and the client's response to care.
- Communicate effectively with clients, their families, and other members of the health care team.
- Recognize legal and self‐limitations in the provision of care.
- Serve as contributing members in the community.
- Develop professionally to their fullest potential by taking advantage of available educational opportunities.
Applicants must attend one session before applying to the Practical Nursing Program.
Spring 2018 Nursing Information Session Schedule - Covering both ADN and PN Programs
Alberta, Christanna Campus
Monday, Jan 8, 12:00N - 2:00pm - Room To Be Announced - Check sign on door of office C-10 (Reschedule of Friday, Jan 5 Session)
Friday, Feb 2, 12:00N - 2:00pm - Room C-28
Friday, Mar 2, 12:00N - 2:00pm - Room C-28
Keysville, John H. Daniel Campus
Thursday, Jan 11, 3:00pm - 5:00pm - Room 39
Thursday, Feb 8, 3:00pm - 5:00pm - Room 39
Tuesday, Mar 13, 1:00pm - 3:00pm - Room 39
South Boston, Southern Va. Higher Ed Center
Friday, Jan 12, 12:00N - 2:00pm - Room: Caknipe - 104B
Friday, Feb 9, 12:00N - 2:00pm - Room: Caknipe - 104B
Wednesday, Mar 14, 12:30N - 2:30pm - Room: Caknipe - 104B
Practical Nursing Application, Re-entry application, Medical/Physical Exam form, Program Pathway Flowchart
- Practical Nursing Certificate Gainful Employment Information
- Duties of a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Employment possibilities
- Functional Abilities Necessary for Nurses
- Length of Practical Nursing Program
- Locations of Practical Nursing Programs and Clinical Sites
- PN Admission Sequence
- PN Admission Requirements
- PN Readmission Requirements
- General Education Requirements
- Practical Nursing Curriculum
- Pre-Entrance Testing for Practical Nursing
- General information and Practical Nursing program-specific policies
- Clinical Experience
- Costs of the Practical Nursing Program and Financial Aid
- FAQs on Practical Nursing
- Contact Us