MySVCC Help Desk
Phone Support (available weekdays from 9 A.M. to 4 P.M.)
Main Help Desk Phone - (434) 736-2059
For assistance, please submit an online Help Request and a staff member will contact you. (Help request instruction are posted below.)
After Hours Help Desk (Available for Online Students Only)
After Hours (Monday - Friday between 4:00 pm and 9:00 AM) and Weekend support from the NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College) Help Desk is available for all Southside Virginia Community College distance learning students via the ELI (Extended Learning Institute) Hotline and Live Chat. This support is available to assist with the following:
- Password Help
- Blackboard Availability Problems
- Email Assistance (Student Gmail Accounts)
For all other MySVCC or Blackboard issues, please see the MySVCC Help Desk and Blackboard Support information above.
ELI Hotline: 703.323.3347 or 1.888.4DL.NVCC
Help Request Instructions
- Click the Help Request link. You will be taken to the submission page of:
- Click the drop down box for Quick Pick and select your problem, if found.
- Fill out the page and provide us with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include a valid phone number or email address.
- Click the "Submit Issue" button.
- You will receive Issue #___ was successfully submitted! Please close this window.
- You will be contacted by a representative from the college.
- Your Blackboard course will be activated the following business day afer you register for classes.
- If you are a new student, you Blackboard login will take 24 hours to become active.
- Your student email account will be activated after you process a password reset on your MySVCC account.
Student Information System (SIS)
- If your account does not show the proper balance due, you may need to change your user preferences. Go to SIS, then your Student Center, Click on User Preferences, change the institution to "Southside Va Community College". Click Save and return to your Student Center. You amount due should show your Southside charges.
- For more information, see our SIS How to page or our FAQ page.
Online Application Issues
If you are receiving a conflicting error message, you may have duplicate records within our SIS, or you may have an id in our system. Try changing your answer to have you previously attended a VCCS to "Yes".