Online courses involve some of the same elements of traditional seated courses including assignments, tests and quizzes, and assigned readings. Some online courses also include prerecorded video lectures, online live sessions, discussion board activities, and/or group work...to name a few possibilities. Follow the steps below to get on the correct path to find success.
- Make sure that you are able to log-in to your MySVCC page that will give you access to Blackboard, the Student Information System, your student email account, etc. You need a user name and password to access that page. Please keep in mind that if you are a brand new student, although you will be able to access your MySVCC page, you will not have access to Blackboard until the semester begins. Here is a link to an overview of the MySVCC page and it has information on how to look up your user name and set-your password. If you are unable to look up your user name or set your password, you will need to go through the college MySVCC Help Desk at (434) 736-2059. MySVCC Overview
- Participate in an orientation to online learning session. You have three options for completing this orientation.
- Option 1 (Recommended): Participate on one of our 1-hour in person sessions. We offer these sessions on both our Keysville and Alberta campuses each semester.
- Option 2: Participate in our 1-hour online orientation webinar.
- Option 3: Complete the self-paced online orientation to online learning.
Here is a link to information on our live sessions both in person and online. Student Success in Online Learning Training Sessions
To complete the self paced online orientation, click the link for the "Orientation to Online Learning" in the menu at the top of this page.