Explore your options. Make an appointment with a Counselor.
SVCC Counselors will work with you on the following:
- Who Am I? Based on your individual interests, attitudes and values, you'll discover which career areas are your most compatible ones.
- Career Exploration - What is the world of work about? Learn more about your career possibilities through online and printed resources. A counselor can also advise you about a suitable program of study that can direct you toward your career of choice.
- Job Search Skills - How Do I Get There? You'll learn job-search strategies, how to prepare a resume, cover letters and job applications and how to interview and negotiate a salary.
- Watch For Networking Opportunities. Through campus organizations, contact with your advisor and other faculty, student trips, special events, work-study jobs and possible coordinated internships, you will be making contacts and gaining insights which will be important as you move toward your future career.
Resume & Job Posting
Southside Virginia Community College uses College Central Network as its official resume and job posting service. Students and Alumni, create your account profile at www.collegecentral.com/southside to:
- Search for all Full-time, Part-time, Internship opportunities easily and efficiently
- Create and upload your resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
Your next step....
It's time to start looking.
- Prepare a Resume & Cover Letter
Virginia Workforce Connection
- Look for Available Jobs - NACElink®
Search for thousands of jobs nationwide, plus jobs and internships posted just for your school through your career center web site with NACElink®
- Search for Career Opportunities
- Virginia Workforce Connection
- VWC - South Central Virginia
- South Hill, Brunswick and Emporia Newspapers
- State of Virginia Jobs
- Richmond Times-Dispatch (Yahoo Hot Jobs)